He might be leaving...  

6/19/08


Interview of Cristiano after the Germany loss. Strongly hints he's leaving United.
More after the jump.


Guillem Balague: What feeling have you got after the defeat to Germany?


Cristiano Ronaldo: What feeling?


Guillem: The one after being knocked out


Ronaldo: We didn’t expect this. We wanted to continue in the tournament, but we didn’t do enough. We weren’t strong enough

Guillem: The little details were won by Germany. You didn’t seem concentrated enough


Ronaldo: I didn’t do anything wrong. I did what I had to do but the team made mistakes and that is why we lost


Guillem: What now, Ronaldo, we are expecting an announcement


Ronaldo: Lets see in a couple of days. The tournament is over and I am going to reach an agreement


Guillem: Are you going on holiday now?


Ronaldo: I am going to have an operation now. I have had for three months a problem on my foot. I have been playing with pain. I will have an operation, a good recuperation and we will see after that


Guillem: If you wanted to stay at Manchester United, why don’t you say it?


Ronaldo: You will soon know what I want. You do know what I want and that is why I don’t want to say anything else. Lets wait. I want to give more details that is why I cannot say much more


Guillem: When will that take place?


Ronaldo: In a couple of days. I am going to give my opinion in two days. I am going to say what I want, but things don’t depend only on me, that is why we have to wait


Guillem: Are you going to do a press conference, a communique?


Ronaldo: A public note


Guillem: Do you have to talk to Ferguson?


Ronaldo: I don’t know what I have to say to him. I have to say what I want and what I think.


Guillem: What you have to say, will that upset Ferguson?


Ronaldo: It is my opinion, that is why I don’t mind if people get upset. It is my decision. It is what I want


Guillem: When did you take that decision?


Ronaldo: Some time ago, before the Champions League final


Guillem: Is it something personal or is it for football reasons?


Ronaldo: We were competing and I didn’t want to say anything because it is a very important decision . I didn’t want to say anything here because I wanted to be focused on Portugal. But now it is finished and I am going to say


Guillem: Is it a personal problem or sporting problem


Ronaldo: It is a personal thing. It is something I want, something I dream of.


Guillem: And that your family dreams of too


Ronaldo: That is true. You all know what I want. I cannot say anything else. In two days you will hear from me


Guillem: Do you think it is going to be very difficult to get out of United?


Ronaldo: It is always difficult. It is not only one person deciding, it is many people, but it can be a very good thing for everybody


Guillem: Do you feel what you are about to decide is a step forward in your career, a dream?


Ronaldo: It is a dream, a step forward, you can call it what you want. For me it is a great opportunity, and as Scolari says, that train passes by only once, and we have to take advantage of it


Guillem: Ah, but thats not fair, Scolari is going to be the new Chelsea manager and wants you away from him!


Ronaldo: That is why, he took advantage of his change, that opportunity, and other people have to take advantage of opportunities too.


Guillem: You know that when you return to Manchester people will be upset with you

Ronaldo: But that will pass, a couple of good goals and people will be happy


Guillem: Will the key be to talk to Ferguson?


Ronaldo: I will do a public note and we will then see what will happen


Guillem: Do you think your dream will come true?


Ronaldo: I really hope so, lets see


Guillem: What about the operation?


Ronaldo: I will be seen by the doctors of United in a couple of days


Guillem: You will talk to your club first


Ronaldo: Yes, I will talk to them first, and then in 3 or 4 days I will be operated and then i will start the recuperation to get better soon


Guillem: Is it true that you never took a call from Ferguson?


Ronaldo: It is not true


Guillem: But have you spoken to him?


Ronaldo: No. I was in a very important competition and we had nothing to say to each other


Guillem: Are you convinced that in three or four days everything can be sorted?


Ronaldo: Yes, lets see, in the next few days we will have more details

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 Comments: to “ He might be leaving...

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster